Pre Departure Information
Cliquez - ici
Cliquez - ici
Check list for packing:
- Clothing for both hot and cold conditions (Cotton is advisable, avoid synthetics)
- Rain gear, waterproof (Oct-April)
- A hat or cap against the sun and sunglasses
- Sun block and After Sun, lip salve,
- Comfortable shoes; Sandals and one pair of sturdy walking shoes
- A book for quiet moments and for on the plane
- A pen for border documents
- Torch / flash light and batteries (a head lamp is very handy)
- Alarm clock (for early mornings!)
- Personal medicine for the total duration of your stay
- Toilet articles, biodegradable soap
- Binoculars will be very useful (8x40 is perfect)
- Camera, and spare memory cards
- Batteries for camera
- For a digital camera and video camera you'll need a recharging cable for use in cigarette lighter (12volt) provided in the vehicle. A converter from 12v to 220v to charge batteries is also on board our vehicles for charging overnight.
- Mosquito / insect repellent (especially when travelling between December and May)
- Light rain coat (windbreaker) and jacket for cold evenings
- Passport still valid for 6 months after the trip + visas where applicable
- U$ in small notes (1, 5 and 10 U$ notes are the best), visa for Zambia is currently 50 U$ & Zimbabwe 50 U$ (subject to change). Please check with your local travel agent.
- Credit Cards: Visa and Euro cards are accepted in almost all the major centers (American Express and Diners are almost nowhere accepted)
- Your good humor and adventurous spirit.
- Storage space is very limited; therefore hard suitcases can not be accommodated.
- Only soft travel bags with a maximum weight of 20 KG per person plus a small day pack and camera bag can be taken along on the safari.
- No exceptions can be made!
- Excess luggage can be stored at our office or departure base.
- In case of a one-way trip, luggage can be sent via courier to the end destination.
Things you will not need
- Pillow and other bedding
- Mosquito net
- Travel iron
- Fancy clothes and jewellery
- Cutlery etc
Program first day
- A representative of Kalahari Skies will meet you at the airport or hotel and bring you and your travel partners to our departure base.
- At our base you will receive some first hand information about the trip and the vehicle/material and meet your guide and assistant.
- Departure is planned for no later than 14:30, arrival at the campsite around 17:00.
- In order to be completely ready for your trip, we recommend you arrive the day before departure. For a smooth onward transfer, leaving the day after the last day of the tour is also suggested.
The team of Kalahari Skies wish you a great safari and a wonderful stay with us.